Molsidomine Tablets 2mg
Molsidomine Tablets 4mg
Package leaflet: Information for the user
Read all of this leaflet carefully before you start taking this medicine because it contains important information for you.
- Keep this leaflet. You may need to read it again.
- If you have any further questions, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
- This medicine has been prescribed for you only. Do not pass it on to others. It may harm them, even if their signs of illness are the same as yours.
- If you get any side effects to talk to your doctor or pharmacist. This includes any possible side effects not listed in this leaflet. See section 4.
What is in this leaflet:
1. What isMolsidosmine and what it is used for
2. What you need to know before you take Molsidosmine
3. How to take Molsidosmine
4. Possible side effects
5. How to store Molsidosmine
6. Contents of the pack and other information
1. What Molsidosmine is and what it is used for
Molsidosmine expands arterial vessels Molsidomine expanded arterial vessels and reduces the spasm of the coronary arteries. Decreases myocardial oxygen consumption and improves tolerance to effort, while reducing the incidence of coronary pain.
2. What you need to know before you take Molsidosmine
Do not take Molsidomine Never use Molsidomin in case of:
- Cardiogenic shock;
- Severe arterial hypotension;
- Pregnancy, especially in the first trimester;
- Simultaneous administration of sildenafil(a medicine for erectile dysfunction)
- Take special care when using Molsidomin at:
- Patients with low blood pressure and adult patients taking other vasodilators or dehydrated patients (eg. After taking diuretics) due to the risk of a sharp drop in blood pressure.
- Concomitant use of molsidomine and sildenafil (or other drugs used for erectile dysfunction) is contraindicated due to the risk of a sharp drop in blood pressure, loss of consciousness and collapse :
You should consult with your doctor even above warnings related to situations of the past.
Special considerations for some patient groups
Use Molsidomin in patients with liver and/or kidney problems
The physician can alter the dosage of the drug in patients with hepatic or renal insufficiency depending on the condition of the patient. in patients with hepatic insufficiency, the doctor can begin treatment with a lower dose and increase it gradually to achieve a therapeutic effect. This is especially true for patients with liver failure, taking vasodilators.
Consult your doctor before starting treatment. Molsidomin use in pregnant women, especially in the first trimester is contraindicated.
Molsidomin use in lactating women is contraindicated.
Driving and using machines:
The drug has no effect on the ability to drive and use machines.
Important information about some of the ingredients of Molsidomin
The product contains lactose and sucrose so that in case of violations intolerance to some sugars doctor should be informed before the start of treatment.
Use of other drugs
Tell your doctor about all the medicines you take, even those sold without a prescription.
Molsidomine enhances the action of vasodilators, which can lead to a sharp reduction in blood pressure;
Concomitant administration of molsidomine and iloprost can significantly inhibit platelet aggregation;
Concomitant administration of molsidomine and sildenafil is contraindicated due risk of a sharp drop in blood pressure. Molsidomine should not be taken at least 24 hours after taking sildenafil;
Alcohol enhances the action of molsidomine.
3. How to take Molsidomine
Always take Moisidomin exactly as prescribed by your doctor. If you are unsure, consult with your doctor. The doctor recommended dose and dosing interval individually, depending on the severity of illness of the patient and his physical activity. The drug may be administered before, during and after a meal.
The dose is usually 1 mg to 2 mg 3-4 times a day (3 mg to 8 mg of molsidomine per day).
If necessary, the dose may be increased to 4 mg 3-4 times a day (12 mg to 16 mg of molsidomine per day). If the effect of molsidomine you look too strong or too weak, contact immediately a doctor.
If you take a higher dose than prescribed
Headache, hypotension and tachycardia are symptoms of overdose.
Actions: Immediately contact a physician. In case of intake of very high doses, the doctor may perform gastric lavage. If necessary, take symptomatic treatment.
If adopted a much higher dose than prescribed a consultation with a doctor is required.
If you forget to take your dose of Molsidomin
Do not take double the dose to make up for a missed dose.
4. Possible Side Effects
As each drug Molsidomin may cause side effects in some patients.
The following side effects may occur:
Circulatory disorders: lower blood pressure, especially when standing body;
Disorders CNS: headache (early treatment, which gradually disappears), dizziness;
Gastrointestinal disorders: nausea;
Disorders of the skin and subcutaneous tissue disorders; flushing, skin rash.
Some patients may develop other side effects while taking Molsidomin.
If you notice any other side effects not listed in this leaflet please tell your doctor.
Contraindications This medicine SHOULD NOT BE USED in the following cases:
- Molsidomin is contraindicated in patients with known hypersensitivity to any of the components of the product.
- Severe hypotension with shock.
- If you are currently treated with molsidomine, do not use sildenafil. The combination of molsidomine and VIAGRA (sildenafil) can induce a marked and sudden fall in blood pressure, possibly causing a Lipothymia (transient malaise), fainting or a cardiac event.
- Due to its content in lactose, you should not take this medicine in case of galactosemia, of glucose and galactose and galactose malabsorption syndrome or in case of deficit in lactase (rare metabolic disease)
- This medicine is usually not advisable in breastfeeding.
Warnings and precautions
- This medicinal product must be used cautiously in patients with low blood pressure and elderly subjects, in patients with hypovolaemia and in subjects already treated with a vasodilator substance.
- The dosage should be increased gradually in patients with impaired liver function.
- It is not logical to combine Molsidomine with delayed organic nitrates insofar as their way of action is similar.
- SIDE EFFECTS: Headache and slight blood pressure at the beginning of tr These effects disappear spontaneously within a few days.
- Exceptionally: postural hypotension (fall of blood pressure on standing up, possibly accompanied by dizziness), gastrointestinal disorders, itching. Inform your doctor or your pharmacist of any unwanted and harmful effects which may not be mentioned in this leaflet.
In order to avoid certain drug interactions, more especially with VIAGRA (sildenafil) you should inform your physician or your pharmacist of any other which you may be taking.
Pregnancy and breastfeeding
It is preferable not to use this medicinal product during pregnancy and breastfeeding. If you discover that you are pregnant while you are taking this medicine consult your physician as he can decide whether or not treatment should be continued. As a general rule if you are pregnant or breastfeeding asks your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking any medicine.
5. How to Store Molsidomine
Store at temperatures below 25 degrees C, protected from light. Keep out of reach of children.
Do not use Molsidomin after the expiry date stated on the Packaging.
Dosage and Method of Administration: In general, the daily dose for Molsidomin ranges between 3-12 mg. Effort angina (usual dosage): 1 to 2 mg, 3 times a day, oral route, generally with breakfast, lunch and dinner (i.e 3 to 6 mg of molsidomine).
Unstable angina and severe effort angina: 2 mg, 4 times a day, oral route (i.e. 8 mg of molsidomine).
Severe angina: 4 mg, 3 times a day, oral route (i.e. 12 mg of molsidomine). The need to increase the dose may be necessary in some cases of unstable angina.
The dosage should be adjusted according to the activity and the patient’s activity rate.
5. Contents of the pack and other information
The active constituent is Molsidomine.
a) Each uncoated tablet contains:
Molsidomine BP 2mg
b) Each uncoated tablet contains:
Molsidomine BP 4mg
Pack size: 7, 14, 28, 30, 50,1000 & 500 tablets.
Not All Packs May Be Marketed.
7. Manufactured In India By:
TAJ LIFE SCIENCES PVT. LTD.
Unit No. 214, Old Bake House,
Bake House Lane, Fort,
at: Ahmedabad- Gujarat, INDIA.
Ho.NO.+91 8448 444 095
Toll Free Phone: (1800-222-434 / 1800-222-825)