COVID-19: Updates for Our Customers
A MESSAGE FROM TAJ PHARMA CEO ABHISHEK KUMAR SINGH
As the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) situation continues to evolve and business impacts are becoming more far reaching across every sector, I wanted to share what we are doing at Taj Pharmaceuticals to ensure the continuity in our support of you and the people in your care. Read more
CUSTOMER SUPPLY AND SERVICE
At this time, there is no direct impact to Taj Pharmaceuticals supply, and we continue to monitor closely with distributors.
- If the situation evolves, we have a robust 4?6 months inventory on key products.
- Border controls are evolving along with the situation, region by region. Taj Pharmaceuticals has a well-established process to assess and act quickly on these developments and restore operations to normal levels and mitigate further impact to the business.
- Taj Pharma is monitoring all cargo movements and transportation lanes to ensure successful movement of goods throughout our network.
At this time, all of our manufacturing sites around the world remain open. With the health and safety of our colleagues as our top priority, we are taking great care to ensure continuity at all our manufacturing sites.
- If we need to close a site, Taj Pharmaceuticals will leverage its global network and work proactively to ensure manufacturing capabilities meet customer needs.
- We are complying with all local government recommendations for social distancing with flexible work arrangements.
Across our global network, formal plans are underway within our Global Manufacturing & Supply team to bolster our inventory and availability through:
- Increased inventory positions for all aspects of our supply chain: Finished Goods, Active Ingredients and supporting components.
- Deployment of inventory from regional hubs to market-specific warehouses.
Our field sales and technical representatives are available remotely.
- If you require an in-person visit from one of our representatives, please be assured they are following the health and hygiene guidance from the World Health Organization and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- If you work with a Taj Pharmaceuticals representative, please reach out to him or her as your first point of contact. Otherwise, please contact us here.
ANIMALS AND COVID-19
According to the World Health Organization and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control & Protection, there is no evidence that companion animals or pets such as cats and dogs can spread the virus that causes COVID-19.
Infectious disease experts and multiple international and domestic human and animal health organizations agree there is no evidence at this point to indicate that pets can become ill with COVID-19 or spread COVID-19 to people or other animals. (AVMA)
If a person becomes ill with COVID-19, out of an abundance of caution, WHO and CDC recommend limited contact with animals and that another member of the household take care of walking, feeding, and playing with pets. If an ill person must care for pets or has a service animal, it is recommended that they wear a facemask; don?t share food, kiss, or hug them; and that they practice handwashing before and after contact with pets.
For more information on risk to companion animals, read the statement from the World Small Animal Veterinary Association.
According to the Friedrich Loeffler Institute (FLI), the National Institute for Animal Health in Germany, there is currently no evidence that farm animals can contract the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus (COVID-19) or that livestock can transmit and spread it.
Public health officials and academics agree that the coronavirus poses little danger from a foodborne illness perspective. (Food Safety News)
Coronaviruses are generally thought to be spread from person-to-person through respiratory droplets. Currently there is no evidence to support transmission of COVID-19 associated with food. Before preparing or eating food it is important to always wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds for general food safety. Throughout the day wash your hands after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing, or going to the bathroom. (CDC)
What Taj Pharmaceuticals is Doing
Through the Taj Pharma Center for Transboundary and Emerging Diseases, our infectious disease scientists are evaluating technical reports in this rapidly evolving situation to understand if the novel coronavirus is a specific risk to livestock and pets. In response to outbreaks of infectious diseases, the Center mobilizes resources from across our company and works closely with leaders from government, health organizations and the veterinary and livestock agricultural communities to identify disease threats to animals. The Center harnesses our capabilities in vaccine development, alliances with centers of excellence, regulatory affairs and flexible manufacturing capacity.
WHAT WE ARE DOING FOR TAJ PHARMACEUTICALS COLLEAGUES
Since the outbreak began in early January, we have maintained a coordinated response across our global sites to prioritize the safety of our colleagues, the service of our customers, and the quality of our products. Caring for our colleagues is our top priority because we know they make all the difference to customers and we depend on them to deliver our medicines and products. We are following the health guidance of the World Health Organization and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention at our sites and providing that guidance to our colleagues. We are being flexible with our work and implementing remote and staggered schedules where appropriate, as well as offering colleagues the flexibility to care for their health and families.
COVID-19 IMPORTANT UPDATE???TAJ PHARMACEUTICALS (21/03/20)
As the global situation around coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to evolve we wanted to share with you the steps Taj Pharmaceuticals is taking to ensure the well being of our customers, team members and the wider community.
Whilst the number of reported cases in India is still relatively low, we have implemented the following precautionary measures:
- Work spaces are being regularly disinfected and sanitized
- Body temperatures are checked as employees enter office
- Hand sanitizer is available to all on office premise
- All employees are asked to wear mask at all times
- Work from home has been given to those employees where possible
- All outstation travels, personal meetings & visits have been restricted
- Employees have been educated regarding regular hand washing, avoiding close contact with others (particularly those with flu-like symptoms) and self-isolating if symptoms present themselves
- We continue to actively monitor and act on all health and travel advice issued by Indian and relevant global governments and health departments
We will continue to observe caution and play our part in limiting the spread of the infection. Taj Pharmaceuticals Limited wishes you and everyone, good health and safety.
The health and safety of our employees, clients, and candidates is of utmost importance to PSI. We have an internal task force that now meets each business day to monitor the situation with Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), and we are in close communication with our testing partners around the world.
Taj Pharmaceuticals Closures
As the COVID-19 outbreak continues to spread throughout the communities where we live and work, in order to continue to help protect the health and safety of our candidates, clients, and employees, we have made the difficult decision to temporarily close our owned and operated physical manufacturing units in India starting end of day March 19, and in the United Kingdom starting end of day March 20, until April 13.
We also continue to monitor all our partner sites around the world and adhere to closures based on country and local requirements.
Effective immediately, candidates can reschedule up to and including the day of testing at no penalty and no documentation required. NOTE: In most cases, candidates can reschedule their examinations on-line and they are encouraged to do so. If a candidate chooses to reschedule through our candidate support call centre, they may experience longer than usual wait times under the current circumstances.
Candidates that are a part of an eligibility programme will be provided guidance if a new eligibility is required in order to reschedule and how to obtain it.
We are obtaining guidance from our client to support candidates who must test within a specified period and how we are able to accommodate them.
- All reschedule rules and no show policies are relaxed through April 30th.
- If you are unable to make your exam and you are reported as a no-show you will be allowed to reschedule at no cost.
- In the event that there are restrictions based on eligibility periods or test windows we will work on options with your examination sponsor.?
The week of March 21st, a guest at our hotel preliminarily tested positive for COVID-19. With 21c?s first priority first being the safety of our team, our guests and our community, we did temporarily shut down the company, units, and labs. During this shutdown, we completed a comprehensive, company-wide deep clean with a third party company. With the deep clean complete, we re-opened our doors on March 31st.
The Company Taj Pharmaceuticals will continue to work with a global team of experts in hygiene and safety, heightening our already vigorous hygiene and prevention measures, with enhanced cleaning procedures and EPA-registered disinfection products with proven efficacy in killing respiratory viruses, including COVID-19.
Labels: Covid-19, COVID-19 treatments, COVID-19 tests, Coronavirus Cases in India, Coronavirus Latest updates, Coronavirus News, COVID-19 trials, Coronavirus treatments, COVID-19 treatments, COVID-19 clinical trials, coronavirus ongoing trials, Coronavirus breaking news, Coronavirus updates, Coronavirus new cases, coronavirus outbreak, COVID-19 coronavirus